*sigh* I keep sitting down to write about my journey back to America but can't get my head around it so I keep quitting & saying I'll do it later. Let's face it, it's not going to be as epic as I'm sure Lewis & Clark's diaries were but it was such a fantastic trip that I want to do it justice & not be 18 paragraphs of "Ummmmm ... let's see ... oh yeah, then we went to Disneyland, which was AWEsome." You know that there is a 98.7% chance of that happening but I'm holding out just in case that 1.3% chance of actual quality manages to pull through. Don't hold your breath - I might split the difference and just write a blog about whichever part of the trip is on my brain at the moment. May not be in any particular order but at least it won't be pure drivel. Also, I left my camera's full memory card in my purse at my parent's house so I'll have to wait until it gets shipped over here to make the story even more expressive.
Instead, I'll tell you that I'm tired & although Ben & my colds are subsiding, we are still a mess. Marcel & I have decided that while he's home over Christmas we will be officially sleep training so we are anticipating zombieness & general grouchiness. We're already pretty close to that between the illnesses & jet lag so why not?
Are you all decorated & ready for the holidays by the way? We're putting our Christmas tree up this weekend & I'm venturing out today to shop for a bit of decor & presents. I love Christmas! I mean I L-O-V-E it! If I haven't already told you my saddest trait, I'll tell you now. When people ask if I have any secret talents or something I'm passionate about, the absolute only thing that comes to mind is gift-wrapping. I seriously have a thing for wrapping presents - I can wrap all day. I may choose some crap gifts but it will likely look quite lovely in its packaging.
Ben is getting cranky so it may be time for his new earlier, longer, greater nap. So in closing, I would like to send a big thank you to the universe for this ...