21 June 2010

belated birthday & etsy spruiking

I realize I never posted anything about Ben's birthday but that's only because I put all the pictures on Facebook. I actually meant to do a posting about the absolutely wonderful things I got for his birthday on etsy.com. If I haven't forced you to visit etsy for yourself yet, hopefully this will change your mind! Support some awesome artists & crafty folks. And don't let my terrible photos take away from the beautiful work.

Firstly is the lovely Maru from Fieltrunguis - http://www.etsy.com/shop/Fieltrunguis. Goodness gracious, Maru saved the day for me! I've written several times about how much Ben loves Giggle & Hoot, a lovely & hilarious duo of a dude named Jimmy Giggle & his gorgeous owl friend Hoot. The weird thing is there is absolutely no merchandise available for these guys, which is ridiculous. Luckily, a little Googling landed me in Maru's shop where she had Hoot cupcake toppers!! How she knew that a gal in Australia was planning cupcakes for a Hoot-lovin' boy is beyond me but they were beautiful & made my day.

And as if those weren't enough, I saw that she had once listed a Hoot doll for sale & mentioned to her that if she ever made another one, I would happily buy it for Benny. She offered to do one right away & managed to get it here before his party! I'm often tempted to steal this little cutey away from Ben.

AND because she is the greatest person ever, she also included a couple of extra little gifts - a little mushroom that I now have attached to my purse because it's adorable & some sewn robot buttons. I'll post a picture of them when I figure out what I want to do with them - too many ideas!

For his special day, I thought I should definitely make sure he had a special shirt. So I turned to the lovely folks at Fly Duds - http://www.etsy.com/shop/flyduds. They custom make shirts in any color your little heart could desire with some awesome fonts. I got Benny a 1 shirt with his name on the back. It was wonderful - would have been even more wonderful if I had bothered to get a decent picture of it!
The front


The back

When I was a child, I was always forced to write thank-you letters for presents & it drove me nuts for some odd reason. But luckily it left a good impression so I'm continuing it with Ben. I went a little crazy trying to find cute kids thank you notes but they're all either too cutesy/precious or boring. So I turned to my old friend etsy & managed to find a genius shop call Ink Stationery Studio - http://www.etsy.com/shop/inkstationerystudio & got some simple yet colorful & creative blank notecards instead with Ben's name.
When she sent me this picture of them I actually squealed out loud. She also sent a couple of samples of stationery with my initial & name on them. Let's just say she knows how to guarantee I'll be a continued customer. Bet she could help you as well!

So yes, now I'm a pushy sales lady for etsy but I just can't say enough good things about that site & all the amazing, creative, friendly, speedy, wonderful people who are involved with it! I've bought many many things from tiny cheap things to a $200+ painting & have never had any problems. Can't beat personal service & if they can ship easily to me over here then they can take care of you no problem.
Okay, sales pitch over. You rock.





No comments:

Post a Comment