03 March 2009

the baby's room

Okay, we've got the bare bones of our nursery together so I'm posting photos. We went with dark furniture because I love it and we can't paint our walls so that baby white scheme wouldn't work so well for us. Our goal now is to get some baby crap in this room so it actually looks like a child will live here. Just looking in the door, it looks like instead of having a baby we've just decided to hire one to do a little temp work at the computer back there and we had to add a crib to his cubicle. It will look adorable once we get art on the walls ... & toys. The bookshelf is actually pretty cute already, just half empty. And yes, we do plan on getting a mattress for the crib and my wonderful mother is cutting down a bedspread for the crib, which I'm very excited about. It's got birds and birdcages all over it in bright retro colours. There are also a lot of stripes in the nursery & there will be more. I'm calling the theme Stripes .... & Shit. Ignore the fact that I look like a crazy person - I'm getting a haircut in another week & a half (it was the first appointment I could get) & that orange striped rug from IKEA makes me super happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment