06 February 2009

the grouchy papaya

It has been the week from hell at work - seriously every bozo has come out the woodwork and people who are normally gorgeous turned into bozos. There were also a lot of absolutely wonderful people who were non-bozo and suffered with me. Don't feel sorry for me, I feel sorry enough for myself tonight. I decided I was going to leave a little early tonight because I'm so exhausted & owe it to myself and my unborn spawn. Why am I here an hour late after everyone else has gone home??? I jinxed myself, that's why. Now I'm grouchy and dreading the heatwave we're going to have this weekend & hungry & pissed off at absolutely no one because its no one's fault. And I have work to do this weekend because I just haven't had time to do it and it has to be done and done well and I can't think straight for 5 minutes to create a nice presentation. See, I'm absolutely feeling sorry for myself. Oh well.

On the lighter side of things, my belly button has started to turn just a bit. I noticed it this morning and was quite startled because I don't feel like I've grown much recently. Not much of a baby update this week - they don't seem to put much effort the longer I spend in this pregnancy:

The baby now weighs nearly 660 grams and is approximately 35 centimetres long from crown to heel. He makes breathing movements but has no air in his lungs yet. At 26 weeks, fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn his head, which according to researchers, means his optic nerve is working.

It's also still a papaya if you're wondering because apparently it stays a papaya for the entire 6th month. Lazy fruit/baby writing jerks. Marcel's also working all weekend so I'm going to be alone so I'm going to have to go to movies, the library, the mall, anywhere with air conditioning ALONE. Do you feel sorry for me yet? I'm too bitchy to get sympathy I'm afraid. If you saw me hobble with my sciatica or saw my ankles when they swell you wouldn't be so mean.

Okay, I think I can go home now. Have a great weekend and my next blog will be butterflies and sunshine kisses I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment