19 January 2009

all mixed up

My ultrasound technican woman gave me a changed due date of 23 May instead of the 27th I was going by, then my midwife said the 22nd. So now I don't know how far along I am. I'm going with the 23rd for now, which means I get my weekly update on a different day and that's throwing me off completely:

The baby now weighs about 430 grams, measures nearly just over 27 centimetres long from crown to heel, and is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed. Although she's getting heavier every day, her skin still appears wrinkled because she needs to gain more weight. The lips are distinct and the eyes are formed, though the iris (the coloured part of the eye) still lacks pigment. The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily. Even this early, the first signs of teeth appear in the form of tooth buds beneath the gum line. Before you know it, your baby will be born, and soon after, her first teeth will come through.

All is good. I was so exhausted I could barely move over the weekend but that was just fine with me - I enjoyed some library book reading and read more of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory to my little boy wonder. I also got a bit of a sweet tooth over the weekend, which Fruit Loops helped to fill.

He's pretty darn active these days - kicking and rolling around quite a bit. I had a huge laughing fit on Saturday night (is there where I have to admit how much I enjoy Funniest Home Videos?) and he seemed to enjoy that so I'm hoping that means that means he shares my sophisticated sense of humour. I'll have to watch Three Amigos or Police Academy: Citizens on Patrol this weekend and see what he thinks of that.

Nothing else to report I guess. My mom was ever so kind to send me some Olive Garden salad dressing since I miss that place greatly. Too bad customs confiscated my precious dressing unless I can provide a letter from OG headquarters on their letterhead stating how much egg content is in the dressing. So I have a 4-page quarantine report (yep, my dressing is in quarantine) instead of satisfying my Olive Garden cravings. I have to say I'm lucky not being pregnant in America where I would gorge myself at all my favourite restaurants. Don't get me wrong, they have good ones here too but not the addictive kind (except Thai ... and fish & chips) and it's too expensive to eat out that often. I don't cook well enough to crave anything that comes out of my own kitchen. That's probably the only reason I haven't put on too much weight so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment